Mnbassbuster002

Semi-soft Resin?

No I'm not looking for an epoxy. I already thin my epoxy I would just like to know if

There are any types of resin that are semi soft or a way to soften alumilite.

I would like to see if there is a way to make a product like allumilite and soften it without

Sacrificing strength

Thanks

Jeremy

No I'm not looking for an epoxy. I already thin my epoxy I would just like to know if

There are any types of resin that are semi soft or a way to soften alumilite.

I would like to see if there is a way to make a product like allumilite and soften it without

Sacrificing strength

Thanks

Jeremy

I am not sure you can soften something like that and not sacrifice strength. I know some plasticizers create weaker bonds between the plastic molecules, thats why it get soft. Are you trying to make a more durable plastic swimbait or something?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2008/0701-better_bait.htm

You may want to start with something softer, and test ways to strengthen it. As they are talking about in the above link.

I was just thinking also, if you are trying to make a rubberized hard bait, there are some lures that use a hard tough core the hooks attach to, then they get soft plastic molded over it.

Maybe all this info isnt what you need, I am just throwing stuff out there.

Edited by atrophius

I am thinkin more along the lines of the rubberized outside with hard core. Could I use the alumilite flex stuff for the outside or is there a better product to use. I was thinking there was a product that may work without having to coat it with something. For the consistency I was thinking something similar to maybe the river2sea Kong fins. Thanks for the info. It is much appreciated

I am thinkin more along the lines of the rubberized outside with hard core. Could I use the alumilite flex stuff for the outside or is there a better product to use. I was thinking there was a product that may work without having to coat it with something. For the consistency I was thinking something similar to maybe the river2sea Kong fins. Thanks for the info. It is much appreciated

I am not to familiar with the soft plastic stuff. A call to their customer service would probably answer some questions for you. Even though you might find some good threads in the soft bait section, including ideas for molds since you will have to do that to accomplish what you want.