- - - - -

A simple thank you (for the website compliments)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hoosierdaddy

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:45 PM

Just wanted to repeat the thank you for all of the kind words from many of you. I have a friend that is a web developer for the Topeka newspaper who is examining the html code for me so it should be getting quicker and better as I go along. The bobber-making tutorial is next. This is the first time I ever created a website. If you folks have never tried it.. you should. You don't need special software.. just a good instructional aid. I used a book called Learning HTML Visually. It step by stepped me through it perfectly.. much better than on of those Dummy books could ever have done. Anyway, I guess the tutorial was just a method of giving something back. I have never asked a quewstion on this board that someone hasn't jumped on answering .. often several people have given their input. At times when I just wanted to pitch the lure making idea out the window.. the people on here kept me going... What a great bunch of people. Thank you

#2 RiverMan

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:06 PM

I will be interested in seeeing the bobber-making hoosier as I have made several hundred of them myself. You deserved the compliments on the tutorial and yes with the exception of myself there are some great folks here. :lol:

#3 emuscud

• TU Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:23 PM

I have just started making my own hardbaits and your site, as well as this one have proved incredibly helpfull! I've been lurking for a while and felt it was time to sign up.

I haven't tried carving by hand as of yet. I bought a mini-lathe and have been turning lures mostly. The whole painting process has been an adventure. I haven't quite convinced the Mrs. to go for the airbrush . . . yet. One thing at a time I guess.

Thanks again for a great site!

#4 out2llunge

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:37 PM

Never got a chance tor ead the whole site, but what I did see was very well done - thorough and easy to understand.