bassbandit25

Best Place To Get Crankbaits

Several suppliers sell unpainted plastic and wood baits, among them Jannsnetcraft.com, Lure Parts Online (formerly Stamina), Predator (a TU board sponsor), and lurehardware.com. The plastic baits are easy to paint and require little preparation, the wood baits you have to build from a basic wood blank. JMHO, unpainted baits are all over the place in terms of performance quality. Although it may LOOK like a $20 Japanese bait, don't expect it to fish like one because they have different internal weighting systems, different quality control, etc. It may be better, it may be worse, you just have to try some to find baits that work well for you. When I started out, I often bought $2 factory baits from the Walmart sale bin of discontinued, package damaged, or unpopular colors because I knew how they would perform. I thought then, and still do, that if it won't swim right, what's the point in prettying it up with new paint?

I bought some unpainted bodies from predatorbassbaits.com and I was so impressed with the quality of the baits and the eyes I purchased. I just bought a few because I wasn't sure but I'll be ordering a lot more soon. They were also shipped in a very timely manner. I can't say enough good stuff about the quality. Good luck. Andy

I bought some unpainted bodies from predatorbassbaits.com and I was so impressed with the quality of the baits and the eyes I purchased. I just bought a few because I wasn't sure but I'll be ordering a lot more soon. They were also shipped in a very timely manner. I can't say enough good stuff about the quality. Good luck. Andy

I ordered from predator last spring and was very pleased. All the baits worked good. And more importantly caught fish.