Rick196

Topcoating Over Waterbased Paints

I am just starting out and I am unsure of what combinations work and what does not. I am planning on starting out with Createx paints so I can wash off my mistakes but I am not sure what I can topcoat with. I have read some post about Envirotex and Devcon being used and wanted to make sure they were compatable with the Createx. Any advice is appreciated? Any info on where I can purchase or find color recipes or advice on mixing colors are also appreciated.

Thanks

I am just starting out and I am unsure of what combinations work and what does not. I am planning on starting out with Createx paints so I can wash off my mistakes but I am not sure what I can topcoat with. I have read some post about Envirotex and Devcon being used and wanted to make sure they were compatable with the Createx. Any advice is appreciated? Any info on where I can purchase or find color recipes or advice on mixing colors are also appreciated.

Thanks

i recommend devcon 2ton epoxy 30 min kind very easy to use and turns out great will be no problems using with createx

also if your just wanting to play around with a bait get some krylon satin white primer and put on the bait first then you can paint it and then easily wipe it back down to the primer and start again also you could just clear the bait first should give you the same results hope this helps

www.warrencustombaits.shutterfly.com

Thanks

The stuff i use is parks super glaze. I am pretty sure it is very similar to etex and it has worked on all the types of paints I have used including createx.

Thanks

Try spraying a clear like rustoleum enamelover a color or pattern that you are happy with--let it cure,then you can wipe off the next mistake without wiping off the color that is good. Stay away from lacqers or acetone based paint over water colors--not forgiving...bites into the previous color. But nail polish & lacquers cure quicker..allows me to be impatient...again.

Devcon 2 great as a topcoat

Try spraying a clear like rustoleum enamelover a color or pattern that you are happy with--let it cure,then you can wipe off the next mistake without wiping off the color that is good. Stay away from lacqers or acetone based paint over water colors--not forgiving...bites into the previous color. But nail polish & lacquers cure quicker..allows me to be impatient...again.

Devcon 2 great as a topcoat

GREAT IDEA on covering what I am happy with!