Rick196

Mixing Colors

How did you guys figure out what colors to mix together to make the colors you want. Is there a book that I can purchase or website that could help me? I have NO talent when it comes to mixing/making new colors and trial and error will end up in a lot more errors that successes. That maybe the way I have to go , just asking.

Thanks

How did you guys figure out what colors to mix together to make the colors you want. Is there a book that I can purchase or website that could help me? I have NO talent when it comes to mixing/making new colors and trial and error will end up in a lot more errors that successes. That maybe the way I have to go , just asking.

Thanks

Thanks

Red and yellow make orange; is that what you're trying to find out? Do a Google search on mixing colors. There are several sites that will give you all the answers.

www.novalures.com

Thanks

Rick- Try this site , scroll down and find all the colour formulas you could want. Pete

http://www.one-ring.co.uk/phpBB2/kb.php?mode=article&k=84

Have a search for color wheels or color mixing. The basic logic is that if you mix any two primary colors (red yellow or Blue) together you will get one of the secondary colors (orange green violet) Mix any secondary (say violet) with a primary (eg: red and you will get a tertiary color =red violet

Found this good article the other day on airbrushing, color and techniques, what fish like and.......

http://bustinbassbaits.com/Airbrushing2.html

Another way to give you some ideas is draw a grid on a board (like a checker board ) put a sample of each color you have down the right hand side and a sample of each color along the top (leaving the top right hand square empty.

Now where a horizontal grid meets a vertical grid it should be those to colors mixed.

You will end up with a whole row of every color mixed with one color (see link below)

http://www.isoverse.com/colorbook/KCBcolorchart.html

Makes a good reference just look up a color and move to the two outer edges and there you have it.

After a while you won't even need the chart :))))

good luck with it

Tony