BrownPigs

Alumilite 610 Foam

Is alumilite 610 foam strong enough to hold screw eyes? Can I mix it with resin to make it strong enough? If so how much should I mix?

No it is not but it is good enough to make a wire through bait. As for mixing resin and foam dont know. Never tried it. If your mold is good you can paint over the skin of the foam. Frank

No it is not but it is good enough to make a wire through bait. As for mixing resin and foam dont know. Never tried it. If your mold is good you can paint over the skin of the foam. Frank

I found this on Larry Dalberg's site. He said this about 610 foam. "Since it's urethane based, I've even experimented mixing it with Alumilite white resin. It makes a very tough, hard and buoyant part, but I've not got enough experience yet with the mix to provide much more info. I've tried about 50/50, it foams and expands about half as much, and sets up super fast." I will have to try it and see how well it works for me.