Pike catcher

0.3 Airbrush Tip

I just tried to paint a lure i made. I purchased some createx designed for airbrushing but i carnt get it to come out of the 0.3 tip. I also tried water just to see and still nothing. Any ideas lads?

Nature of Createx. Some colors just don't like small tips. You could try slightly higher air pressure, thinning slightly, or using some stockings to filter out the bigger particles. You might have also ended up with a bad bottle that's got some globbed up pigment in it.

Don't use water as a reducer it makes it take too long to dry.:unsure:

Use Auto-Air Reducer 4011 use it 2:1. That's what I use and I don't have any problems. ;)

Or you can make you own here is a recipe:

Makes 20oz of reducer...

12oz Distilled Water

4oz Denatured Alcohol

4oz Ammonia Free Window Cleaner

10 drops glycerin

In case you don't want to make 20oz of reducer,

the mix ratios are 3:1:1:drops Water:Alcohol:Window Cleaner:glycerin

with this try 3:1 or 2:1 at first (paint:reducer) and see how it goes for you if you and if you

have to go for a 1:1 mix do it, it just depends on the colors you are using.

:D

Good Luck

Iccemann

Edited by iccemann101

I have almost the same problem, I don't know what size the needle is, I think someone bought it from the store. took the good needle and replaced it with a bad one, but I bought a 2nd of the SAME airbrush which works perfectly. When I try the bad one all that happens is it starts bubbling up in the cup. Any ideas why? Air blows through it but Water and Createx won't

Try taking the needle completely out and cleaning it. chances are their is just something stuck in the chamber. If the nut that holds the needle in on the back of the brush is not tight the the needle will not pull back and nothing will come out.

hope this helps

I have almost the same problem, I don't know what size the needle is, I think someone bought it from the store. took the good needle and replaced it with a bad one, but I bought a 2nd of the SAME airbrush which works perfectly. When I try the bad one all that happens is it starts bubbling up in the cup. Any ideas why? Air blows through it but Water and Createx won't

Something's either dirty or not tight enough. You could also have a bad seal in the air valve, that'll allow air to come up through the handle of the brush instead of the tip. Is the air coming from the front or back of the cup? If it's from the front, it's something either dirty or loose in the nozzle assembly. If it's from the back it's the valve.

Pike, did you mean you tried straight water and it didn't spray?

If it is bubbling in the cup, it probably means that the air cap or nozzle is clogged. Ask me how I know. (Had to deal with this today myself)

Just an FYI, a clog in the nozzle alone won't cause bubbling. Bubbling from the front of the cup is caused by air flowing where it's not supposed to flow. If it's a clog, it's a bad one and partially blocking the air from flowing around the nozzle. Usually it's due to the nozzle not seating properly in the body. Usually just dirty or not tight.

Something's either dirty or not tight enough. You could also have a bad seal in the air valve, that'll allow air to come up through the handle of the brush instead of the tip. Is the air coming from the front or back of the cup? If it's from the front, it's something either dirty or loose in the nozzle assembly. If it's from the back it's the valve.

Pike, did you mean you tried straight water and it didn't spray?

Yes i tried neat water still no good. the air brush is brandnew but not a name brand its my first go at it .I also have another airbrush with a 0.35 tip ad that is fine but not much good for detail

Yes i tried neat water still no good. the air brush is brandnew but not a name brand its my first go at it .I also have another airbrush with a 0.35 tip ad that is fine but not much good for detail

Have you checked to see if the nut that holds the needle is tight? Like was mentioned earlier, if the nut isn't tight then the needle isn't moving when you pull the trigger. If the nut is tight then it seems your brush is clogged up. Have you tried taking it apart and cleaning it. Or soaking it in cleaner? If it's a brand new brush you might want to exchange it. It should at least spray fresh out of the box.

Have you checked to see if the nut that holds the needle is tight? Like was mentioned earlier, if the nut isn't tight then the needle isn't moving when you pull the trigger. If the nut is tight then it seems your brush is clogged up. Have you tried taking it apart and cleaning it. Or soaking it in cleaner? If it's a brand new brush you might want to exchange it. It should at least spray fresh out of the box.

I had a look inside and a nut was loose it seems to of done the trick thanks for all your help lads :D