chartreuse

Bubble-buster

The warning on the his website says it's flamable. I wonder if it's got alcohol in it. Has anyone tried alcohol in a spray bottle? Never know, it just might work.

www.novalures.com

I had the same thought. It could just be denatured alchohal in a spray bottle. Or even acetone. I'm sure it says on the bottle.

Has anyone tried just denatured alcohol or acetone in a spray bottle to get the same result as that bubble-buster stuff?

Well, after I said acetone I happened to think that if the bottle is plastic then it probably isn't acetone because it tends to eat plastic up pretty easy but who knows.

Well, after I said acetone I happened to think that if the bottle is plastic then it probably isn't acetone because it tends to eat plastic up pretty easy but who knows.

You had me excited that there might be a simple way to do the same thing. Maybe there still is. I might have to try a couple things and see what happens

Got some of the bubble buster the otehr day and tried it out on some Devcon. It does a good job of breaking up any surface bubbles, and I imagine it would work even better with a thinner topcoat. I've been spraying each crank I've cleared with a little bit on each side and getting some nice results.

-

When you spray it on, for a few seconds you can see it slightly ripple the surface of the topcoat; before it levels back out. Kinda cool. smile.gif

-

Maybe other liquids would have the same result, I just hadn't experimented with anything else yet.

-

Not sure what the liquid actually is, as it has very little smell to it; but I think I'll keep some onhand for when I apply my topcoats, to help get rid of any stry bubbles. wink.gif

Edited by motomania

Has anyone else tried this Bubble Buster stuff? I would sure like to know what the ingredients are in it. I have denatured alcohol, rubbing alcohol, and acetone here. If it is just denatured alcohol in a spray bottle I would like to know. I have some bubbling in my epoxy, and it is very frustrating. I know some people drip in nail polish with a color such as black to their epoxy, so I guess it would not hurt to try it...you mix it slowly. I think I am going to have to buy this Bubble Buster stuff, but wanted to see how others on here liked it first before I ordered it.

Has anyone else tried this Bubble Buster stuff? I would sure like to know what the ingredients are in it. I have denatured alcohol, rubbing alcohol, and acetone here. If it is just denatured alcohol in a spray bottle I would like to know. I have some bubbling in my epoxy, and it is very frustrating. I know some people drip in nail polish with a color such as black to their epoxy, so I guess it would not hurt to try it...you mix it slowly. I think I am going to have to buy this Bubble Buster stuff, but wanted to see how others on here liked it first before I ordered it.

if it's flammable there should be a WHIMMIS sheet available. Contact the company they are forced by law to have WHIMMIS available, at least here they are

You mean like a MSDS, a Material Safety Data Sheet? Yes, they need to have the chemicals labeled because you need to know what you are working with, and how safe it is, or unsafe. If you use this in the house, you especially need to know what is in it. I wish all suppliers would have one available on their website when you click the product. That way you would know whether you wanted to purchase a product or not. Toluene is one chemical I try to avoid, and will not buy a product with it. I figured if someone had this Bubble Buster on hand, they could read the label on the container. I may have to contact Mudhole and see what they know if nothing else. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Kelkay

Here's a copy of the MSDS for the Bubble Buster spray. If there's any trouble opening the file let me know and I'll try again. First time I've tried posting a PDF file type. Of course you'll need Adobe reader to view the file.

Bubble Buster MSDS16.pdf

Bubble Buster MSDS16.pdf

Bubble Buster MSDS16.pdf

Bubble Buster MSDS16.pdf

Bubble Buster MSDS16.pdf

Bubble Buster MSDS16.pdf

Bubble Buster MSDS16.pdf

Bubble Buster MSDS16.pdf

Bubble Buster MSDS16.pdf

Edited by RayburnGuy

METHANOL ----- Methanol is toxic by two mechanisms. Firstly, methanol (whether it enters the body by ingestion, inhalation, or absorption through the skin) can be fatal due to its CNS depressant properties in the same manner as ethanol poisoning. Secondly, in a process of toxication, it is metabolised to formic acid (which is present as the formate ion) via formaldehyde in a ???

MORE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol

Thanks Ben.

Pete

Here's a copy of the MSDS for the Bubble Buster spray. If there's any trouble opening the file let me know and I'll try again. First time I've tried posting a PDF file type. Of course you'll need Adobe reader to view the file.

No wonder they wanted to keep the MSDS sheet hidden, wood alcohol, such an easy solution. I am wondering what other volatile fluids would work, denatured alcohol, acetone, paint thinners, cellulose thinners etc. My guess is that it is a surface tension mechanism, but just a guess.

Dave

METHANOL ----- Methanol is toxic by two mechanisms. Firstly, methanol (whether it enters the body by ingestion, inhalation, or absorption through the skin) can be fatal due to its CNS depressant properties in the same manner as ethanol poisoning. Secondly, in a process of toxication, it is metabolised to formic acid (which is present as the formate ion) via formaldehyde in a ???

MORE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol

Thanks Ben.

Pete

My pleasure Pete. Doing stuff like this makes me feel useful. :D

Ben

My pleasure Pete. Doing stuff like this makes me feel useful. :D

Ben

Well I am glad you found out what was in it. It sounds like something I prefer not to mess with.... but it sure would be cool to get rid of those pesky little bubbles. I think I will try alcohol and see what happens.

Well I am glad you found out what was in it. It sounds like something I prefer not to mess with

MSDS sheets are always very scary. But as long as you don't drink it, soak your face mask in it, spray while heating with a gas blow torch or store it in the greenhouse, you will be just fine. I suspect that it is no different to working with any of the other volatiles that we use in this game.

Dave

Right Dave, if I added up all the Metho (denatured alcohol) fumes I suck in in a day, I should be an alcoholic----------------------------------------

:blink: Maybe I am.

Pete

MSDS sheets are always very scary. But as long as you don't drink it, soak your face mask in it, spray while heating with a gas blow torch or store it in the greenhouse, you will be just fine. I suspect that it is no different to working with any of the other volatiles that we use in this game.

Dave