rex upshaw

scent question

i have a question regarding using or combining scents. i am waiting on some anise oil in the mail and was wondering a couple of thiings:

first, do you guys suggest that i put the oil in the bag after making the molds or into the plastic as it is cooking?

secondly, can i mix either bang garlic or chompers directly with the plastic, or wait until i put them in the bag?

lastly, can you combine the anise, for a lubricating effect and the garlic scent together?

i'm getting very anxious and want to hit the ground running when the goods arrive, so any help would be much appreciated.

first' date=' do you guys suggest that i put the oil in the bag after making the molds or into the plastic as it is cooking?

secondly, can i mix either bang garlic or chompers directly with the plastic, or wait until i put them in the bag?

lastly, can you combine the anise, for a lubricating effect and the garlic scent together?

[/quote']

Good questions,

Firstly:: the OIL, I use worm oil, I dip the tips of the lures in a small ammount of th eworm oil to get it to slide in the bags.

As far as scent , I add it to both the bag and to the plastic just before i pour it into the molds.

Just remember a little dab(drops) will do ya...

Secondly, I dont see why not, I dont use either of thoes scents personaly. I buy from LC, and PRO-CURE.

Lastly, you can mix any scent you want to. See if you like it. If not, you know not to do it again in the future.

I personaly love PRO-CURE threadfin shad scent.

Is it expensive.... Oh yeah, but you get results you cant get anywhere else.

Help any?

Jeff

I am still learning myself so take this with a grain of salt.

I pour with Lee pots and have found that I can't add the scent to the plastic because of burning problems. What I have found that works very well is that I mix worm oil and Kick n Bass scent in some 2oz bottles I bought from lurecraft (I think). I mix it a 5 to 1 oil to scent. I use 2 drops per bait (reg. size bait -6" or less) in the bag. This does not crack the baits. Some scents will crystalize the baits if you do not mix them with worm oil. I hope this helped a little.

Fuzz

I have used KickNBass, liquid Bang, Procure and Berkley scents directly into the hot plastic. The KNB and Bang work the best for me. Berkley has evidently has some water in it because it will pop and bubble up. The procure craw just bubbles up and takes awhile to get it mixed up. I have only been using KNB and Bang depending on the worm colors. KNB will yellow any clear or white bait. I have never had a burning problem due to adding the scent. Hope this helps.

Mark

Sorry to say most of us have used LC's salt.

They say it is fine pieces, NOT>>>> popcorn salt has given the best results(stays suspended longer without as much stirring)

LC's salt will settle as soon as you stop stirring.

I have some and grind it in a blender before use to make it more refined. Any salt will give a washed out look to a bait unless you add more color to it.

Go and look for POPCORN salt in the search field. O know you will get tons of answers from it but you need to weed through the information.