Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atrophius

Chrome-ish

10 posts in this topic

Well, I got done painting some baits and thought I would share something. I noticed if you paint a bait pure black, and shoot your scale pattern in pearl white, it gives it a chrome effect. I have been playing with this as I wanted to do my baits in a black and white base then shoot transparent over it. I dunno, something for some people to try if ya want. i thought it turned out pretty cool. I might post a pic if I get done at a decent time tonight.

Well, I got done painting some baits and thought I would share something. I noticed if you paint a bait pure black, and shoot your scale pattern in pearl white, it gives it a chrome effect. I have been playing with this as I wanted to do my baits in a black and white base then shoot transparent over it. I dunno, something for some people to try if ya want. i thought it turned out pretty cool. I might post a pic if I get done at a decent time tonight.

It works really well, we been doing it for years with soft plastics.

what we do is mix in white pearl with black, the amount of pearl you add makes the difference in how silver or chome it will be. you can make anything from silver to chrome to black pearl. you can do the same with higlight colors as well and get blueish chromes red chromes etc etc.

Delw

Wow, that weird. No idea that they limited how many uploaded pics in threads you can have. Anyhow, here is what i am talking about. I painted it black and sprayed a white pearl with mesh for scaling. The pics really dont do it justice. It does come out metallic though, depending n how much pearl ya use. Something to try out though, not like you will be styling your hair in them though, mirror this does not produce.

Wow, that weird. No idea that they limited how many uploaded pics in threads you can have. Anyhow, here is what i am talking about. I painted it black and sprayed a white pearl with mesh for scaling. The pics really dont do it justice. It does come out metallic though, depending n how much pearl ya use. Something to try out though, not like you will be styling your hair in them though, mirror this does not produce.

Thanks those look great. I am going to try that on my next batch of baits for sure.

Wow! Cool effect. Those really look great, thanks for posting this. Whudda Thunk it? wink.gif

I like it. looks very nice and might be an alternative to using duct work tape.