Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jflures

Etex Over D2t

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys! been really busy over the last few months! But Im back and ready to build some baits.. My first task at hand is to refinish a few baits that some pike tore up last year. My question is will etex adhere to D2T? I used D2T on all my old baits.. Cant find it here locally anymore found Etex and will be using it... Thanks guys!

Hi guys! been really busy over the last few months! But Im back and ready to build some baits.. My first task at hand is to refinish a few baits that some pike tore up last year. My question is will etex adhere to D2T? I used D2T on all my old baits.. Cant find it here locally anymore found Etex and will be using it... Thanks guys!

I did just that this past weekend. It seems to be okay, yet I have not used the lures yet to be in the position to comment on the durability.

I do not think you will have a problem. I've used flex coat over d2t many times, just scuff the old clear coat and brush on the new.

I do not think you will have a problem. I've used flex coat over d2t many times, just scuff the old clear coat and brush on the new.

Thanks I will try it out tonight!

I use etex over devcon.

Just scuff up the old devocn finish and recoat .

Did a batch of old salt water plugs that I repainted for

a friend last winter , he is hard on plugs.

The finish held up good , a couple Blue Fish worked over pretty bad

I got them to work on now.

wet