Big Bass Man

Devcon Epoxy

You'll find that the 30 minute Devcon will not do you a good job. No working time and it turns yellow after awhile. Use the 2 ton Devcon that takes 6 to 8 hours to cure. One thing I've learned, if you start a masterpiece you can't finish it in 30 minuites. One coat for bass. Be even with your coats because if you get too much on one side your lure want run correct. Devcon is good but you'll fine out DN is better.

A lot depends on what your fishing for. I use one coat of D2T for bass. Would probably be better to use multiple coats for some of those toothy critters like pike or muskie.

Thanks guys, I have been using one coat for my bass fishing. I just started painting lures and wanting to know the best way to protect the paint. I am using devcon 30 min right now as I learn more and get better, I will try different things. Just doing it as a hobby.

I use both Devcon 2T and Dick Nite, depending on the lure. Both work well, as do other epoxies like Envirotex, Nu Lustre, etc. One coat on bass baits. Most epoxies yellow to some extent over time but if it is measured and mixed well, the yellowing will be slight and will take years to develop. Yellowing is dependent on exposure to UV light. Some higher priced epoxies (a version of Nu Lustre) include UV inhibitors that slow yellowing.