RayburnGuy

Tip For Starting Nozzle Threads

A lot of you may have already figured this out, but if you have large hands and fingers like me this might make things easier for you. (pay attention fatfingers) :P When I've disassembled my airbrush to clean it in the past it's always been difficult to get the tiny threads on the nozzle started when putting it back together. Bad eyes don't help either. :blink: Found a really simple way to align the threads. When you get ready to screw the nozzle in go ahead and install the needle. Push the needle past the body of the brush enough that you can slide the nozzle onto the needle. Then just push the seated needle back and start the threads. This will align the threads and make it much simpler to get them started and make sure they don't get cross threaded.

RG

Edited by RayburnGuy

A lot of you may have already figured this out, but if you have large hands and fingers like me this might make things easier for you. (pay attention fatfingers) :P When I've disassembled my airbrush to clean it in the past it's always been difficult to get the tiny threads on the nozzle started when putting it back together. Bad eyes don't help either. :blink: Found a really simple way to align the threads. When you get ready to screw the nozzle in go ahead and install the needle. Push the needle past the body of the brush enough that you can slide the nozzle onto the needle. Then just push the seated needle back and start the threads. This will align the threads and make it much simpler to get them started and make sure they don't get cross threaded.

RG

That is a excellent idea! Can't wait to try that.

I would only add that you should also be careful to avoid over-tightening the tip too. It really easy to strip those tiny things and they're very expensive to replace. I know...from experience.