Casey V.

Tungsten

New to the forum here folks. Wanna start by saying hello to the masses! wink.gif My first question / topic is how to paint / powder coat and where to buy 3/4oz and 1 1/2oz tungsten bullets for a good price? Is there anyone out there who has tackled this pocket busting problem of buying Punching weights for outrageous prices? I wanna be able to buy a quality tungsten punching weight and paint / powder coat it myself?

Thanks for your help! unsure.gif

I was told that powder coat won't stick to Tungsten, without using a special process? Is this true or have you guys had a success with regular Pro-tec? Where can I get good high percentage tungsten, 3/4oz and 1 1/2 oz bullet weights? Without inserts... So I don't melt them when I try to powder coat? I thank you guys for you replies!

Casey,

I don't know why guys get hung up on tungsten. I've been using lead punch skirts for about 2 years now. They are easier to get and easy to powder paint. If you are interested in more info PM me and I will try to help you out.

For me it is about the size of the weight when trying to get through Hyacinth and Pennywort, out here on the CA. Delta. Profile makes a big difference when using 1-1/2 lead vs. tungsten. And the feel it gives you, and the durability. Its not plyable, bendable and cut your line like lead, if molded correctly?

IMHO...yay.gif

For me it is about the size of the weight when trying to get through Hyacinth and Pennywort, out here on the CA. Delta. Profile makes a big difference when using 1-1/2 lead vs. tungsten. And the feel it gives you, and the durability. Its not plyable, bendable and cut your line like lead, if molded correctly?

IMHO...yay.gif

I think the whole feel thing is a load of Caca IMHO but that's just me. I think the next fad will be Kryptonite :D