RayburnGuy

Looking For Lucky Craft Rc 1.5 Copies

RG, of the bodies I've tried, the Jann's Netcraft FG Shallow Diver, cat # 341-122-015 comes closest to the RC1.5 in shape and performance. The differences are: The FG is 1/4 oz, smaller and lighter than the RC. The FG has rattles, which the original RC does not. Outfitted with #6 trebles, the FG weighs .29 oz. That's light, but still heavy enough to cast on baitcasting gear (which I consider a must). #6 trebles will not tangle on it. Nice little crankbait with good 3D features. The FG is the best unpainted crankbait body I've tried - and I've tried quite a few! JMHO

RG, of the bodies I've tried, the Jann's Netcraft FG Shallow Diver, cat # 341-122-015 comes closest to the RC1.5 in shape and performance. The differences are: The FG is 1/4 oz, smaller and lighter than the RC. The FG has rattles, which the original RC does not. Outfitted with #6 trebles, the FG weighs .29 oz. That's light, but still heavy enough to cast on baitcasting gear (which I consider a must). #6 trebles will not tangle on it. Nice little crankbait with good 3D features. The FG is the best unpainted crankbait body I've tried - and I've tried quite a few! JMHO

do these come unpainted?

nevermind, just found them.

Edited by DSV

I think the CRS H2O Express from Academy is an exact copy of the LC RC1.5, but it has a rattle. The H2O series are awesome baits for $3.79. If you need a clear one the ghost minnow can be easily stripped.

Steve

There is a guy on the Bass Boat Central page that sells them for a slight mark-up. It's either under personal or sponsor for sale. Other than that they are only sold at Academy stores. Go to the Academy Sports and Outdoors page and you can see the store locations. As I said they are an awesome bait. IMO the squarebill series (CRS and CRM) are just as good as Lucky Craft.

+1 on the H20 Xpress CRM & CRS square bill baits. I've painted quite a few them.

I've also read (don't remember where) that these baits where not designed as a knock of Lucky Craft lures BUT as a competitor to the Lucky Craft line.

My brother and I have fished both Lucky Craft and H20 and pretty close in MHO.

And ditto on the glitter ... I've tried one or two with the glitter and they take a lot of prep work.