SlabSlayer

Shawn Collins

Anyone know anything about Shawn Collins. Had him make some molds and now he is not returning calls or emails.

SHAWN IS A GREAT GUY I THINK I HAVE 15 MOLDS FROM HIM. I JUST ORDERED 2 MORE FROM HIM ON MONDAY. IF YOUR HAVING TROUBLE GETTING IN TOUCH WITH HIM ITS BECAUSE HE WILL BE CLOSED FOR 6 WEEKS HE IS GETTING BACK SURGERY.

Anybody planning to do business with Shawn Collins would be well advised to do some serious research. Most of the lure making sites on the web have a Shawn Collins thread, or at least the ones I've visited. Mr. Collins is developing quite a reputation, in more ways than one.

I had a email from Shawn Collins just last week regarding some molds he is building for me. He is away for a bit because of back surgery. I had him cut 12 molds for me and waiting for 1 more and I've never had any problems with communication at all. I'm sure once he gets back, he will get back to cutting the molds promptly. Best work I've seen so far.

Edited by Jigatollah

I had a email from Shawn Collins just last week regarding some molds he is building for me. He is away for a bit because of back surgery. I had him cut 12 molds for me and waiting for 1 more and I've never had any problems with communication at all. I'm sure once he gets back, he will get back to cutting the molds promptly. Best work I've seen so far.

He closed down his website, seems like he's trying to close shop.

He makes nice molds(I have 8 of them and would have another 15) but his business model and communication skills leave much to be desired. I wish him well after spinal surgery as I've had 6 of them :o

I agree that he makes great looking molds but I will never support a thief :halo: I know of some people he has ripped off and some have been waiting for over a year :drool: No excuse, Nothing takes a year except maybe construction but not a little mold. I also agree that his business model is crap.... :whistle::boo::boo::boo::boo::boo:

I agree that he makes great looking molds but I will never support a thief :halo: I know of some people he has ripped off and some have been waiting for over a year :drool: No excuse, Nothing takes a year except maybe construction but not a little mold. I also agree that his business model is crap.... :whistle::boo::boo::boo::boo::boo:

WOW i cant say the same i email him within 3 days he emails me back with a price 2 weeks later a get a mold in the mail. I would love to know all the details to call someone a thief.:? I EVEN TALKED TO HIM ON THE PHONE THIS TIME NEEDED SOMETHING CUSTOM ON THE MOLD. NO PROBLEMS HERE IM UP TO 20 MOLDS WITH SHAWN AND ORDERING 2 MORE THIS WEEK SORRY TO HEAR ALL THE PROBLEMS GUYS THAT SUCKS !!!!!!!!:twocents:

WOW i cant say the same i email him within 3 days he emails me back with a price 2 weeks later a get a mold in the mail. I would love to know all the details to call someone a thief.:? I EVEN TALKED TO HIM ON THE PHONE THIS TIME NEEDED SOMETHING CUSTOM ON THE MOLD. NO PROBLEMS HERE IM UP TO 20 MOLDS WITH SHAWN AND ORDERING 2 MORE THIS WEEK SORRY TO HEAR ALL THE PROBLEMS GUYS THAT SUCKS !!!!!!!!:twocents:

Sounds like he's only ripping off people he doesnt know.

didn't you say a few days ago about "people like you" making a big deal out of things like this? remember that? looks like the same thing here.

Wasn't anything like this. The other thread was someone promoting a product, this one is about someone stealing another mans hard earned money.

I've talked on the phone with Shawn as well and he is getting back at the molds again. I recieved my mold shortly after he came back and am now in the process of getting 5 more. If you have any issues of not getting product, email him or call him directly. I'm sure you pay him by credit card and credit card companies have to protect their customers. They can help you out if it becomes neccessary.

We have purchase over 50 molds from Shawn. His work is great but his business ethics are less desirable. About 20 of our molds were custom. We paid extra money so that the molds would not be reproduced. Now they are in his catalog and everyone up and down the east coast is purchasing them....Just bad business. I now make all of my own molds as we produce everything in house for our products. We spent over $15,000 with him and this is how we are treated. Lost my business.

We have purchase over 50 molds from Shawn. His work is great but his business ethics are less desirable. About 20 of our molds were custom. We paid extra money so that the molds would not be reproduced. Now they are in his catalog and everyone up and down the east coast is purchasing them....Just bad business. I now make all of my own molds as we produce everything in house for our products. We spent over $15,000 with him and this is how we are treated. Lost my business.

Will you make molds for anyone else? I have been trying to get a reply from Shawn for over a year. The number I have isn't in service. He did great on my first order over a year ago. Poor communication but his service was fast, that time. I need to buy several more sinker molds if he would call me back.:blink:

I SPENT $15,000 TO BUT NOT WITH HIM. I SWITCHED OVER TO Vulcanized molds and a Centrifugal Spin-casting machine. How about you what are you using i didnt know Shawn offered that if you pay extra money for a mold he wouldnt reproduce it what molds did he reproduce that you payed for that sucks!!!!!!:?

Never returns calls or email. I bought 2 mold from him on ebay. I want to purchase 5 more custom molds. I sent him numerous email and phone messages with no reply.

I guess business is to good he doesn't need any more business.