woodsac

New Finesse Bait

O.K. here's my new finesse bait. It's actually one of my older finesse baits modified. I stretched the body from 4" to 4.5" and took the wide sides off. The body tapers down from 5/8" to 1/8" right before the tail. The tail goes from 1/2" at the body to 1/4" at the end. It's 1/4" tall.

It has great action in the water. The big wide tail jumps around on every twitch. The tail also floats higher then the body giving it a 'feeding' appearance. You can fish it however you want, but it's best on a dropshot, or t-rigged with light weight. It's hard to explain the action, but when you use it similar to a jerkbait or pull it along the bottom, the tail actually folds or flaps up and down instead of side to side.

It took quite awhile to get it just right and keep it from turning over on it's side, but overall I'm pretty pleased. I just came up with this color. It's for a guy in Florida B) I know they fish alot of golden shiners there so I thought this would be a good combo. The color is called 'goldrush'.

goldrush.jpg

goldrush.jpg

goldrush.jpg

goldrush.jpg

goldrush.jpg

goldrush.jpg

goldrush.jpg

goldrush.jpg

437_thumb.attach

The eyes are actually round (with a flat back) 4mm 'wiggle' eyes. The center of the eyes move around and make a VERY tiny bit of noise. And yes, each eye is glued in by hand, very time consuming :|

The color consistency just takes practice. I've found that when adding a hi-lite color to a main color, it's best to add it in small amounts until you get the desired effect. Otherwise the hi-lite is overpowering. It takes a lot of stirring to keep the hi-lite evenly mixed up in the plastic. Sometimes the hi-lite has a tendency to 'settle' towards the bottom of my cup and then I loose some of the fading effect.