streloc78

Master G22 Double Action Airbrush

The "classic" way to get thin lines is to reduce pressure to 10-15 psi, thin the paint if necessary, and hold the tip of the brush close to the surface you're painting. Some take the tip shield off the brush so they can get the tip nearer the surface. If there's another way, I don't know it.

You can't go by a prescribed pressure for a particular paint, just what gives the best spray pattern for the effect, as shot through your particular airbrush. I use 40-45 psi on my .3mm tip Iwata when shooting all-over base coats of heavy paint. Maybe 25-30 psi for shading, then 15-20 psi for small area shots with a .2mm Iwata. One thing to keep in mind is that paint shot at high psi will bounce off the lure's side and downward, giving you stippling down the side of the bait which you probably don't want. Even within the Createx line, which is more consistent than most, paint varies in viscosity and the amount of pigment it contains. So you just have to try it to see how best to shoot it. Don't hesitate to shoot a trial on some paper before you point the brush at a lure! Airbrush paint is inexpensive.