Ric670

The Right Pvc

Mine has no name on it, but go to home depot or any hardware store. Go to the trim department the stuff you use for floor boards or crown molding. Look at all the pressed board stuff and keep looking when you get to the brick trim it will say 100% PVC no rotting. Use as outdoor trim. You can get up to 2x2 or 1x8 or 1x6 even half round and about 8 foot or 12 foot long. Not in big lumber that I have seen so did not look there. The stuff is pretty cool.

Edited by kelly

Mine has no name on it, but go to home depot or any hardware store. Go to the trim department the stuff you use for floor boards or crown molding. Look at all the pressed board stuff and keep looking when you get to the brick trim it will say 100% PVC no rotting. Use as outdoor trim. You can get up to 2x2 or 1x8 or 1x6 even half round and about 8 foot or 12 foot long. Not in big lumber that I have seen so did not look there. The stuff is pretty cool.

thx i am going over there now to check it out

The decking I use is AZEK. I buy the 1"X 5 1/2" decking, because I carve solid lures, not thru wire laminates. It's a nationally distributed product, I think. If you google AZEK, you'll find their site, and who carries it.

Most regular lumberyards, not Lowe's or HomeDepot, can order it.

But there are other brands of PVC simulated wood products that work, too.

The main things you want to look for is waterproof and buoyant.