Everettelee

Transduecer Removal

How do I remove a transduecer that has been epoxyed to the inside of my hull without damaging the fiberglass ? I've had problems with my Lowrance x102c for 2 years now and every one I've asked about it said to change the transduecer ,but I've been reluctant about it because I don't know how to get it loose without damaging the hull . I don't have enough room to epoxy another one beside the bad one or I would just leave it in place . Where is the best place to buy a new transduecer ?

I don't know of a way to remove one except whack it with a hammer. Or you can chisel it off and use a DA to sand down the remaining epoxy to fiberglass. Hard to believe there isn't SOMEWHERE else to epoxy down a new transducer.

Unfortunatly, tap it with a hammer or put a pair of vice grips on it and break it free are the only ways to get the old one out. If there is not another place you will have to sand down the epoly that does not come off with pliers.

Have you tried to put it on the exact other side of the bilge? You just need a flat place a couple of inches wide. Use a palm sander and slick you out a place then epoxy away.