KelpKritter

Dn Wrinkling

I am applying two coats of DN to my jointed baits, but I am having some issues with wrinkling after applying the second coat. Smooth as can be with the first coat but varying degrees of wrinkles after the second dip. Any thoughts/suggestions. Using two dips because the baits target a little toothier fish.

Thanks for the advise.

DaveB.

KelpKritter

I am applying two coats of DN to my jointed baits, but I am having some issues with wrinkling after applying the second coat. Smooth as can be with the first coat but varying degrees of wrinkles after the second dip. Any thoughts/suggestions. Using two dips because the baits target a little toothier fish.

Thanks for the advise.

DaveB.

KelpKritter

Dave,

I don't use DN, but it sounds to me like there's still some solvent left in the first coat. I would let the first coat dry longer, and maybe use a hair dryer on it the day before I redipped.

You should be able to do some test dips with pieces of PVC to see how long you need between dips before the wrinkling stops, and to see if a hair dryer helps.

Jointed baits don't work in the salt!

And thanks for the help with the calico paint scheme. My friend loved the two baits I painted for him. :worship:

Dave,

I don't use DN, but it sounds to me like there's still some solvent left in the first coat. I would let the first coat dry longer, and maybe use a hair dryer on it the day before I redipped.

Jointed baits don't work in the salt!

worship.gif

I had the same problem with DN......let it dry longer or dry it with a hair dryer. Problem solved. As far as the jointed baits in saltwater....I am using a thin strip of kevlar as a joint. Works great....won't tear or rust.

Dave,

You didn't say how long you used, but I've found that it takes AT LEAST 24 hrs between dip coats to avoid problems with DN. I used to do 2 coats but found the second coat was always the one that caused problems if there was going to be any. I just use a single dip on bass baits.