Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atrophius

Two-piece Swimbait

7 posts in this topic

I wanted to take a stab at a 2 piece swimbait. i have made 3 piece ones before, but is there anything different about them functionally? i have seen some with lips but was not sure if they were necessary. i am not sure if any of you have seen that huge Mother swimbait, but i just was thinking about a scaled down version of that maybe.

I wanted to take a stab at a 2 piece swimbait. i have made 3 piece ones before, but is there anything different about them functionally? i have seen some with lips but was not sure if they were necessary. i am not sure if any of you have seen that huge Mother swimbait, but i just was thinking about a scaled down version of that maybe.

it may work you will probably get a lot more top to bottom wobble unless you shape it perfectly!!!... give it a shot and tell us how it turned out :D

I've found that two piece lures swim with a very lazy action unless they have a bill. I think that's why commercial two piece lure all have bills.

The only two piece I've fished without a bill was a Giron, and it swam for beans.

I made some two piece lures, and wound up adding a bill to get them to swim with more wiggle.

Thanks for the input. I was just interested because of the Mother lure. If you havent seen it yet, youtube it and check it out. Its huge and majorly expensive hehe. I know some of the guys could do the same here though.

Thanks for the input. I was just interested because of the Mother lure. If you havent seen it yet, youtube it and check it out. Its huge and majorly expensive hehe. I know some of the guys could do the same here though.

Here is one I built with four pieces. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFfpxfxsHms