thelatrobe33

Jitterbug Style Lure But Nicer?

Hey all! I've been on the soft plastics side forever, but I have a question for the hard bait guys...

I love to fish a jitterbug, but as I get more critical of my equipment I no longer have the confidence in it I once did. These things are just made like garbage anymore!!! The hardware is all crap, and the jointed ones fall apart incessantly. Does anyone make a similar lipped topwater that utilizes high quality components???

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the info! I will be ordering the CLU lures version to try (even though it's crazy expensive). Really wishing that Scuttlebugger was of a more appropriate LMB size saltybugger! I don't own a rod that will toss a 2 oz. lure! A 1 oz. version would be killer!

1/2 oz versions will be swimming shortly....

I'll try for some video.

Thanks for the info! I will be ordering the CLU lures version to try (even though it's crazy expensive). Really wishing that Scuttlebugger was of a more appropriate LMB size saltybugger! I don't own a rod that will toss a 2 oz. lure! A 1 oz. version would be killer!

This is all great info. Why not also trying to make one yourself. I love making these baits and I overbuild them just in case a pike takes a bite. Janns netcraft sells stainless jitter lips and tbe bodies. you still have to carve a notch on the body for the lip. Play around with different angles. You can do it.