brent19

Predator Baits Rc 2.5 Help

I recently bought some RC 2.5 knock offs from predator baits and CANNOT get them to run right. I have tryed just about everything i know about bait tuning and they still run horriable. Can anybody give me a little hint that has used them. I have 10 left that im going to send back and trade out on something else if i can't get this issue resolved. Thanks for any help.

Brent

I contacted them and they didn't know either.

Try taking the plug out of the bottom and removing the rattle balls. If it runs ok try some different sizes of balls. I've only had a couple not run but this fixed them. Plus make sure the plug is screwed in all the way it may be sticking out too far. I like to put a little mineral oil on the big ball bearings when using them.

Try taking the plug out of the bottom and removing the rattle balls. If it runs ok try some different sizes of balls. I've only had a couple not run but this fixed them. Plus make sure the plug is screwed in all the way it may be sticking out too far. I like to put a little mineral oil on the big ball bearings when using them.

Do you use a snap or split ring Or do you just tie to the bait? Thanks for the help.

I use a #3 split ring.

Me, too.

I don't throw a crank or jerkbait without a split ring. In my experience, not using a split ring dampens the action too much, and sometimes kills it altogether.

The square bill I bought from Pred. runs great with three balls in it. I haven't played around with removing balls yet.