Net Man

Need Help With Color Copy (rapala Hot Steel)

8 posts in this topic

Here is the color that I need to copy. I wanted to know if any of you have painted this color before? I have most of the colors but wondering what was the best way to approach it. The tuff part will be getting the gold accents right. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

I cant see the colour blink.gif. Maybe a link to a page with the colour please.

Hey NetMan,

Found a little better picture of the lure color scheme.Rapala Hot Steel.jpg

Rapala Hot Steel.jpg

Rapala Hot Steel.jpg

Rapala Hot Steel.jpg

Rapala Hot Steel.jpg

Rapala Hot Steel.jpg

Rapala Hot Steel.jpg

Rapala Hot Steel.jpg

post-21848-127387804252_thumb.jpg

They are a little different. The two pics I mean but it should be pretty easy to paint. Flo yellow on sides, silver or gold (depending on which pic you look at) on the back and a little on the top of the sides, pearl blue on the top maybe with a bit of black under it first, and flo orange on the bottom.

I cant help ya with painting, but I just want to chime in and say that is one hell of a color. I've caught more walleye and bass on that color then the rest of rapala's colors combined.

Now that I look at both pictures together they do look different. Hope I didn't confuse things NetMan. I went to Rapala's site to try and find a bigger picture and the one I posted was what they called "Hot Steel". Sorry for any confusion.

[]

If you look in the bass pro shop master catalog the shollow diver in "Hot Steel" it is totally different than either one of the posted pics.

I have tried to match the color in the catalog with some success but have not seen the ones posted.