hunter7711

Black

Well, it depends on what paint you are using really. I know if you are using an airbrush, a lot of times you can start with black, stencil what you want with an opaque white, then shoot a transparent/candy red over it. You can do it without an airbrush also, but thats how alot of people get some of the flame effects for things. Either way, I think using a stencil would benefit you in building up the layers in the same spot if thats what you need to do.

Editing this, I meant using stencil to build layers if you are using just the red paint. With a black background, most candy/transparent wont show and you can just spray the red after you have the white down.

Edited by atrophius

I'm using Createx and Wasco paints.

Well, it depends on what paint you are using really. I know if you are using an airbrush, a lot of times you can start with black, stencil what you want with an opaque white, then shoot a transparent/candy red over it. You can do it without an airbrush also, but thats how alot of people get some of the flame effects for things. Either way, I think using a stencil would benefit you in building up the layers in the same spot if thats what you need to do.

Editing this, I meant using stencil to build layers if you are using just the red paint. With a black background, most candy/transparent wont show and you can just spray the red after you have the white down.

I'm new to repainting,and I'm trying to paint a Black bait with red markings. I'm having trouble with the red showing up, any suggestions.

Why not start with the red, mask off your design and shoot the black. Seems easier than building up a bunch of red on top of the black.