Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carolinaboy

How To You Paint Bluegill Patterns?

9 posts in this topic

So how to you guys paint bluegill patterns, I am not interested in photofinish or anything like that at this point. I just want to paint some Red Eye Shads, and old Rat-L-Traps. I am using Createx paints what steps do you do to paint blue gill? I saw somebody was saying to get natural line looks you can use a old milk jug's plastic and shoot through that as a stencil. But besides that I have no Idea I am no artist at all but love to tinker with stuff so that's why I'm here laugh.gif

Thanks Guys!

In my opinion its not so much about the patterns,it's the colors you use blue'gold'purple'copper.You can use all sorts of things to make stripes,combs,hair picks ...etc

I dont use milk jugs... I USE SUN DROP 2 LITER BOTTLES.. if Im really in the mood I use CHERRY LEMON! Which I perfer over Sun Drop. Hard plastic rips when you drill out your stencil with a dremmel.. you want the rip edges to give detail to your bait.. it will make it look like you dont use a STENCIL! SO LISTEN UP DIPSTICK! DONT USE A MILK JUG.. USE A CHERRY LEMON SUNDROP BOTTLE.. if your really a CAROLINA BOY!! YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND ONE.. the rest of these DIPSTICK arent goin be so lucky!

THE ROOKIE

Heres one I did the other day...

-white base coat

- florescent yellow side (light)

- brown top and bars

- drk green top or black

- aqua gill with optional black dot

- gold scale finish

bluegill.jpg

bluegill.jpg

bluegill.jpg

bluegill.jpg

bluegill.jpg

bluegill.jpg

bluegill.jpg

bluegill.jpg

post-23871-127427020062_thumb.jpg

I dont use milk jugs... I USE SUN DROP 2 LITER BOTTLES.. if Im really in the mood I use CHERRY LEMON! Which I perfer over Sun Drop. Hard plastic rips when you drill out your stencil with a dremmel.. you want the rip edges to give detail to your bait.. it will make it look like you dont use a STENCIL! SO LISTEN UP DIPSTICK! DONT USE A MILK JUG.. USE A CHERRY LEMON SUNDROP BOTTLE.. if your really a CAROLINA BOY!! YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND ONE.. the rest of these DIPSTICK arent goin be so lucky!

THE ROOKIE

:lol: sounds good I'll do that, yummm Sundrop and Cherry

:lol: sounds good I'll do that, yummm Sundrop and Cherry

use the search feature, there are a lot of prior answers regarding colors used...

THE ROOKIE

hey rookie, what bit are you using on your dremel?

Gunnie3035 just posted a great "how to" for bluegills. It's titles "Scales and Painting", and it's near the top of the forum.