Fishwhittler

Rust-oleum Flo. Green Leaks Around Nozzle Base

Does anyone else have problems with some Rust-Oleum spray paint cans leaking around the base of the nozzle? The paint comes out the front of the nozzle, but it also leaks at the base of the nozzle. This time it sprayed out the left side and gave me a green-speckled left arm. unimpressed.gif For me, the main one that does this is the Fluorescent green paint, although I've had it happen with other colors too, generally fluorescent colors. This makes me wonder if there's some chemical in their fluorescent paint that makes the can leak? Also, this usually seems to happen after the can has been used quite a bit.

Another paint that I've had problems with is the "Painters Touch" series from Rust-Oleum. I've had several cans of this stuff, and on just about all of them the nozzle clogged for good before I used all of the paint. It was sitting for weeks in between uses sometimes, but I've used other paint the same way and it still works fine.

Another thing that I'll mention here: I haven't had any of the above problems with Krylon spray cans. I'm not crazy about how thin Krylon is, but at least it only sprays in the direction the nozzle is pointing.

Are you cleaning the caked paint on the nozzle after it dries? I used to have the same problem until I started scraping off the paint.

I think the fluoro's are thinner...and if the nozzle is plugged it will come out the sides. One thing though, the propellants are definately not all the same.

Some of their textured paints are nice to use.

s54

Does anyone else have problems with some Rust-Oleum spray paint cans leaking around the base of the nozzle? The paint comes out the front of the nozzle, but it also leaks at the base of the nozzle. This time it sprayed out the left side and gave me a green-speckled left arm. unimpressed.gif For me, the main one that does this is the Fluorescent green paint, although I've had it happen with other colors too, generally fluorescent colors. This makes me wonder if there's some chemical in their fluorescent paint that makes the can leak? Also, this usually seems to happen after the can has been used quite a bit.

Another paint that I've had problems with is the "Painters Touch" series from Rust-Oleum. I've had several cans of this stuff, and on just about all of them the nozzle clogged for good before I used all of the paint. It was sitting for weeks in between uses sometimes, but I've used other paint the same way and it still works fine.

Another thing that I'll mention here: I haven't had any of the above problems with Krylon spray cans. I'm not crazy about how thin Krylon is, but at least it only sprays in the direction the nozzle is pointing.

Are you cleaning the caked paint on the nozzle after it dries? I used to have the same problem until I started scraping off the paint.

I think the fluoro's are thinner...and if the nozzle is plugged it will come out the sides. One thing though, the propellants are definately not all the same.

Some of their textured paints are nice to use.

s54

After you finish spraying ,Turn the can upside down and hold nozzle depressed until no color comes out about 5 seconds.This should take care of most of the problems.