ShutUpNFish1

Hello And Few Qs For The Beginner

Hello all....I'm embarking on a new endevor, LUREMAKING, and some friends recommended this site for any questions I may have and great info. Awesome site, by the way! I'm keying mostly on muskie baits since I'm an avid muskie fisherman and considering the prices of the lures these days! Anyway, I have been experimenting with the airbrush for the last few weeks and found myself enjoying it immensely....even found it quite addicting! Also attached some of my first baits (as you can see, having some issues with overspray/spatter) Currently using a Paasche VL...I think my main problem is the tip has some corrosion and cracks in it from long term storage.

I have just been experimenting with Createx Latex - opaque paints for now, but looking into getting some of the Auto-Air.....any experiences with this stuff?? Any better recommendations.....for cedar wood lures, sealed and base coated white.

I'm also looking into an airbrush....I'm kinda leaning toward the siphon feed airbrush so I can mix larger quatanties of paint and store them and re-use them. Or would you rather recommend I get the gravity feed? I can afford either or. Any comments or recommendations would be terrific and thank you in advance!!

Excited to be here!

~Paul

bluegill.jpg

perch.jpg

lure2.jpg

bluegill.jpg

perch.jpg

lure2.jpg

bluegill.jpg

perch.jpg

lure2.jpg

bluegill.jpg

perch.jpg

lure2.jpg

bluegill.jpg

perch.jpg

lure2.jpg

bluegill.jpg

perch.jpg

lure2.jpg

bluegill.jpg

perch.jpg

lure2.jpg

bluegill.jpg

perch.jpg

lure2.jpg

post-23871-127427104004_thumb.jpg

post-23871-127427104901_thumb.jpg

post-23871-127427107158_thumb.jpg

Edited by ShutUpNFish1

Nice job on those first baits! I think a majority prefers gravity feed airbrushes (easy to load, easy to clean, feeds paint better). A siphon brush is OK - but hey, you already got one! Most guys eventually break down and go to a fabric shop to find netting for scale effects, or use netting from a bait dip net, etc. Google Barlow's Tackle, Stamina, and Jann's Netcraft for online hardware.

Auto Air - JMHO, certainly nothing wrong with it but I don't find it better than regular Createx. It's recommended that you use Createx 4011 reducer to thin it versus plain water for regular Createx. The main deal for me is finding water based colors I want to use, regardless of the brand. Coat them with a good topcoat and it doesn't make much difference to me what brand they are.

p.s. - you can edit a post for a few minutes after posting it by clicking on the "Edit" button at the bottom of the post. I don't know what the "time out" is for editing, but it's not a long time.

Edited by BobP