twlureco

First Airbrushed Crankbait

Looks good! One thing though, it looks to me like you taped the back before painting. This isn't really necessary, and you will get a much more life-like bait if you simply spray the color on the back without masking.

It was taped, I had messed up my airbrush and it was spraying everywhere so i decided to just tape it off and get the back done. After I had got it done and was switching colors, I noticed

what was wrong!

It's amazing how you can have good airbrush days and bad days.When the days are good this is a wonderful hobby.but on those bad days it will make you cuss.Good looking bait.

I started with a white base coat. Then a pearl silver. sprayed the lines and top black. then the pearl green over the entire bait. After all of that dried for a while, I put two coats of gloss clear on it.

What do you guys recommend for sealing it?

Edited by twlureco

I'd eat it yummmmmmmm!

Thought about glueing some eyes on that bad boy? Not that you have to, I'm addicted to eyes, I put them on everything. My kids even end up running around the house with google eyes stuck to them :blink:

Edited by pikester