GDille

Bullet Slip Sinker

Hey All,

I grew up throwing a texas rig and its getting hard to find weights like I prefer. I can but bulk, but hey i make everything else. I've been looking at the do-it mold, but haven't bought it because it isn't concave. I really Like the Hilts mold, but heard they aren't making it anymore, is this true? I would rather buy the mold i want now, that try and step up later. EBAY has a few every now and then, but it becomes a bidding war and someone would pay just as much for a new mold or even more. If anyone has a used concave worm sinker, PM me and we can work something out. Let me know if anyone has ideas or answers.

George

I have the assorted mold that I got on ebay with several other molds. I did not realize I needed an insert for this mold. No insert was included so I now have to figure out a way to make one. If I had cast sinkers already I could easily retro-pour a new insert.. If anyone has this mold with the insert I would greatly appreciate 1 of each of the 4 sinkers made with it. 1/8 ,1/4 3/8? 1/2?(these molds are not labeled worth a darn.

I have the assorted mold that I got on ebay with several other molds. I did not realize I needed an insert for this mold. No insert was included so I now have to figure out a way to make one. If I had cast sinkers already I could easily retro-pour a new insert.. If anyone has this mold with the insert I would greatly appreciate 1 of each of the 4 sinkers made with it. 1/8 ,1/4 3/8? 1/2?(these molds are not labeled worth a darn.

Do the inserts form the concave on the back?

Can you post a picture of the mold showing where the inserts should be?

That would something if someone happened to have some extra inserts around :whistle:

...but they can possibly be custom made

You can buy replacement inserts from Hilts/Dolphin, at least you could 3 or 4 years ago.

Hilts Website

If anyone is interested, I have two of the Hilts bullet sinker molds that I would sell:

LMBULLET Mold: 1/8 oz., 1/4 oz., 3/8 oz., and 1/2 oz. cavities; has one wire that needs replaced; $17.50 + $4.95 shipping

lmbullet-mold.jpg

LMBL-M Mold: 1/8 oz., 3/16 oz., 1/4 oz., and 5/16 oz. cavities; $20.20 + $4.95 shipping

lmbl-m-mold.jpg

If interested, Email me

I called Hilts Saturday and they haven't returned my call, the website was last updated in 2005 I think. I tried to order the LMBL-M Mold, and got a email,back saying they don't stock the molds anymore, not to be bossy, but take them off the catolouge if you wont sell them. Just a thought

Edited by GDille

Both molds are sold; thanks

You can buy replacement inserts from Hilts/Dolphin, at least you could 3 or 4 years ago.

Hilts Website

If anyone is interested, I have two of the Hilts bullet sinker molds that I would sell:

LMBULLET Mold: 1/8 oz., 1/4 oz., 3/8 oz., and 1/2 oz. cavities; has one wire that needs replaced; $17.50 + $4.95 shipping

lmbullet-mold.jpg

LMBL-M Mold: 1/8 oz., 3/16 oz., 1/4 oz., and 5/16 oz. cavities; $20.20 + $4.95 shipping

lmbl-m-mold.jpg

If interested, Email me

post-23409-028554900 1275997408_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the picture

If that is what came with the mold, then what I see missing are the wires. It would be possible to carefully drill a hole for a new wire if the original ones were casted in and not a separate piece of wire pressed into a hole.

Another possibility is to make individual inserts out of JB weld or possibly high temp silicone with the wire glued in place.

Use the mold as your form and a domed weight in place with a release agent (Vaseline)

Edited by sdsaw

The pic was another one off of ebay. I received no insert. Now I see why these go so fast. I think the insert has more of a value than the mold. If any of you guys that purchase the mold from the previous poster would be willing to send me a sinker for each cavity I could retro fit an insert ( I THINK ).

The pic was another one off of ebay. I received no insert. Now I see why these go so fast. I think the insert has more of a value than the mold. If any of you guys that purchase the mold from the previous poster would be willing to send me a sinker for each cavity I could retro fit an insert ( I THINK ).

Which mold did you get? I bought the LMBL-M Mold: 1/8 oz., 3/16 oz., 1/4 oz., and 5/16 oz and would be happy to send you the weights if you need them.

Reproduction inserts?

Do you guys know if there are very many Hilts bullet molds that are missing the insert?

I'm considering making a handful of them(inserts) if I can sell 5 or so at $20 each.

They will be similar to the original one except they will have a replaceable wire that will be held in with a set screw.

If I can sell this many, it will be worth my time and materials.

It won't be worth my time to make only one.

What do you guys think?

Scott

Reproduction inserts?

Do you guys know if there are very many Hilts bullet molds that are missing the insert?

I'm considering making a handful of them(inserts) if I can sell 5 or so at $20 each.

They will be similar to the original one except they will have a replaceable wire that will be held in with a set screw.

If I can sell this many, it will be worth my time and materials.

It won't be worth my time to make only one.

What do you guys think?

Scott

I will take one!!