Kris

D2t & Dick's Nite Together ?

I figured this has probably been discussed before. I look thru the threads on these 2 subjects but couldn't find it.

Can you cover D2T with Dick's Nite ?

How about Dick's Nite with D2T ?

I'm talking about a lure coated with the first and after dry then coating with the other.

I coat D2T with DN on some baits intended for trolling. Works fine. Since DN is harder and slicker than D2T, it makes more sense to have it as the outer coating to repel hook rash. But when the inevitable happens, it's good to have the thick D2T underneath.

I've coated Etex with DN. When I want to put glitter on a bait and be able to push the glitter around with a brush to where I want it I'll mix it in with Etex and then brush the glitter mix onto the bait. The slower working time of Etex gives me plenty of time to get the glitter positioned as wanted and the hard, slick finish of DN makes sure the bait has a good outer shell.

Before applying Dicknite's on top of epoxy, scuff the epoxy coat, and then wash it with soap and water. Keep the epoxy surface free of contaminating fingerprints, or common paper towels, usless they are the oil-free kind made for window cleaning; and if you use a rag to dry it, make sure it wasn't dried with dryer sheets!

Fine sandpaper or a Scotchbrite Pad will do for the scuffing, and I like Dawn dishwashing soap and a toothbrush for prepping the epoxy (I do the same thing before painting over epoxy). It only takes a minute and will save you grief later on.