CatchemCaro

Looking For Good Wire Through How To Video

@ CatchemCaro

There is a two-part Finnish video on "youtube" that I can think of , utilize search function in there typing in term "making wobblers by hand" , the poster is a guy named "edinburghan" or "edinburgan"!

good luck , diemai :yay:

@ CatchemCaro

There is a two-part Finnish video on "youtube" that I can think of , utilize search function in there typing in term "making wobblers by hand" , the poster is a guy named "edinburghan" or "edinburgan"!

good luck , diemai :yay:

Just looked after these vids , yozu may access them straight in here in the thread "Greetings from Singapore"(they also do fit in there , I guess :) )

greetz , diemai :yay:

There are various ways to do a thru-wire frame depending on the wood type, size of the bait, and the tools you have available. I assume we're talking balsa wood since other woods don't really require thru-wiring for bass baits. One simple thru-wire method using hand tools is this:

Mark a center line with a compass around the bait blank before you begin shaping it. (btw, you also want to cut your lip slot before contouring the blank)

After shaping and sanding, use a single edge razor blade to split the bait on the center line.

Bend the wire frame so the hook hangers and line tie are at the correct exit points.

Use an awl or nail to depress a trough in both sides of the balsa where the wire frame fits.

The halves of the bait should fit together without pressure with the wire frame inside (plus any other hardware like the ballast weight)

Glue the halves together with 5 minute fast cure epoxy. If some squeezes out into the lip slot, clean it out before it cures.

Smear a little wood filler along the central seam to make it disappear if necessary.

From there, finish the bait as normal.

You can use any wire which you can bend accurately for the wire frame. I favor SOFT TEMPER stainless steel "safety wire" in .040" diameter because it's easy to bend accurately but is plenty strong enough for fishing abuse. I buy it in 1/4lb spools from McMaster-Carr online - who also carry sheets of polycarbonate for lip material.