Jump to content
4 replies to this topic
Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:39 AM
How bad is Envirotex for us? And what percautions should we be using other then good ventilation?
Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:44 PM
Envirotex Lite is a pour-on epoxy that contains some solvent. Compared to 2 part auto polyurethanes containing isocyanate, it is very benign. Some people are skin sensitive to epoxies. I don't use a mask when brushing epoxies and don't think many others do either. If you intend to spray it, that's a different kettle of fish.
Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:44 AM
I used Etex to seal 4 baits one night last week in a room without ventilation & no mask. I did notice I was dizzy afterwards so I will definitely be using ventilation or at least a mask from now on. Better to be safe than sorry I think!
Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:54 AM
I have used many types of 2 part epoxies including several e-tex products. I have never noticed any smell or fumes from them. I do use a brush for applications.
Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:56 AM
Thanks, I have been brushing with no mask of any kind. I have good ventalation and I don't really notice much as far as fumes. I am brushing a lot of baits in a run and I'm just wanting to be sure I'm not killing myself while doing so. I now also us a small fan at the doorway of my shop for even more fresh air. Thanks again for the feed back.