Jump to content

- - - - -


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Baggett

Ted Baggett

    New Member

  • TU Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

What is this stuff ,where do you get it, and what does it do. Thanks!

#2 BobP


    Advanced Member

  • TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts
  • Location:
    Summerfield, N.C.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:44 PM

Propionate, aka "prop" is a cellulose product that comes in small pellets that need to be dissolved in acetone. It's often applied in multiple dips as a waterproof coating for raw wood before painting. Some guys also use it as a final clearcoat finish; others think it is not durable enough for that application. Search on prop and propionate for more info. One or more TU members have sold it in the past, including Palmetto Balsa.

#3 diemai


    Advanced Member

  • TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Location:
    near Hamburg/Germany

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:07 AM

@ Ted Baggett

You can find an instructive essay about propionate in the "How-To Guides" section of My link .

good luck , diemai :yay:

Edited by diemai, 11 June 2010 - 12:10 AM.