QuickLures

Where Can I Find Some Circuit Board Material.

I need to find somewhere to buy circuit board material for my crankbaits. Help?

McMaster/Carr has the translucent yellow, I have no idea where the guys get the translucent white. It must be one of the closest guarded secrets in the baitmaking business. One of the guys suggested a rocket supply company but I called them and they said what they had was the yellow also.

I use the yellow when I use circuit board and really don't think it matters that much to the fish.

The only place I had to buy white G-10 in small sheets was ASP rocketry, which I passed along to other TU'ers. But apparently their circuit board is now yellow, like you can get from McMaster-Carr. Guess the rocketeers don't care what color it is, but it was a bummer for me and others! Any G-10 is as good as any other performance-wise and you can get the dull yellow from M-C. They carry sheets of it under the name "garolite" in various thicknesses and grades. The G-10 performs fine but if the color nauseates you, they also have G-11 garolite which is a nice shade of green - but more expensive. mcmaster.com is the web site and their prices are very good.

Hey Bob,

Try hitting it with a paint made for plastic like the Krylon product if you want to change the lip color.

Here's something you might want to try: Put a thin coat of D2T on the lip, before assembling the plug, coating it with .008 glitter, then top coating the lip when you TC the plug. The effects will be really nice. :twocents: