Kris

Vacuum Forming

I am building a vacuum former and read the few threads here about the subject. I wanted to see if anyone who uses one here could tell me the type of plastic (styrene, ABS, etc.) and thickness they use.

From what I've read it seems Styrene is a good choice. Just not sure on the thickness.

Also ... share any pics of your vacuum former if you would like.

I purchased some clear styrene in .050 thickness to try out. Since this will be my first attempt at vacuum forming I thought I would go with something they say is easy to use ... we shall see.

RayburnGuy ... where do you get your PETG from?

I purchased some clear styrene in .050 thickness to try out. Since this will be my first attempt at vacuum forming I thought I would go with something they say is easy to use ... we shall see.

RayburnGuy ... where do you get your PETG from?

I got mine from Regal Plastics in Dallas, Tx. Depending on where your from you might want to do an internet search and see if you can find a supplier that's close to you. Saves on shipping costs. If you want to order from Regal Plastics just let me know and I'll give you all the info. I bought a 4' x 8' sheet of the .030" and it was only $18.50. The shipping and tax ($17.77) was almost as much as the sheet of plastic. That's why I say it's best to find a supplier that's as close as possible. Let me know if I can help. Good luck with the vacuum forming and let us know how the .050" works out.

RG