Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husky

A Different Way Of Applying Epoxy Tc's

6 posts in this topic

I recently stated using clear plastic gloves to spread the Epoxy ( both Etex and D2T) with good results. I just use 1 finger. They're not Latex, but polyethelene. I've also used Saran wrap with the same, good results. It makes for a fast, even application. :twocents:

I recently stated using clear plastic gloves to spread the Epoxy ( both Etex and D2T) with good results. I just use 1 finger. They're not Latex, but polyethelene. I've also used Saran wrap with the same, good results. It makes for a fast, even application. :twocents:

I know of another guy that does the same thing but have never tried it. Where do you get the gloves?

jed

I know of another guy that does the same thing but have never tried it. Where do you get the gloves?

jed

Hey Jedm

I got these at the local $ Store, but as I said, Wrapping Saran Wrap around your finger works as well.

Hey Jedm

I got these at the local $ Store, but as I said, Wrapping Saran Wrap around your finger works as well.

My wife is going to have a heyday with this one, headed for the Saran Wrap.

thx.

Jed

Hey Husky, tried it and you are right, works good. I had some latex gloves so I cut off 4 fingers on one of them and just slip the finger piece over the finger I need to apply the epoxy, works great, easy clean up, very cheap.

Jed

Hey Husky, tried it and you are right, works good. I had some latex gloves so I cut off 4 fingers on one of them and just slip the finger piece over the finger I need to apply the epoxy, works great, easy clean up, very cheap.

Jed

I'm glad you found the info useful. I was coating some models I made for Soft Plastic baits and I hit on it.

Sometimes we don't see the Forest for the trees. I think those produce bags they supply at the super Market will work, too. Talk about cheap! :rolleyes:

Just a caveat, but some latex gloves have powder on them.

Edited by Husky