Husky

A Different Way Of Applying Epoxy Tc's

I recently stated using clear plastic gloves to spread the Epoxy ( both Etex and D2T) with good results. I just use 1 finger. They're not Latex, but polyethelene. I've also used Saran wrap with the same, good results. It makes for a fast, even application. :twocents:

I recently stated using clear plastic gloves to spread the Epoxy ( both Etex and D2T) with good results. I just use 1 finger. They're not Latex, but polyethelene. I've also used Saran wrap with the same, good results. It makes for a fast, even application. :twocents:

I know of another guy that does the same thing but have never tried it. Where do you get the gloves?

jed

Hey Husky, tried it and you are right, works good. I had some latex gloves so I cut off 4 fingers on one of them and just slip the finger piece over the finger I need to apply the epoxy, works great, easy clean up, very cheap.

Jed

I'm glad you found the info useful. I was coating some models I made for Soft Plastic baits and I hit on it.

Sometimes we don't see the Forest for the trees. I think those produce bags they supply at the super Market will work, too. Talk about cheap! :rolleyes:

Just a caveat, but some latex gloves have powder on them.

Edited by Husky