CMARTIN269

Dream Lake Lodge In Alabama

Has anybody ever fished it.We are going down in about a week,it is supposed to be great trophy bass fishing,but they have some restrictions i'm not sure about.

1. No wide gap hooks

2.No braided line(It's all flooded timber)

3.only Gamakatsu hooks

4.No senko type baits but you can throw flukes,and plastic worms

5.No Carolina Rigs

just curious about some of the rules,probably sponsored by Gamakatsu,but the braided line thing,I don't understand.

why can you throw plastic worms and not carolina rigs.If anybody has been or have any ideas please clue me in because I can't figure it out on my own.

Hope to have some trophy pics,when I get back.They say there are 80-100 bass 10lbs or over caught every year.

Should rather call it "Nightmare Lake Lodge" :yes::lol: .

If I would not know , that this place is located in Alabama/USA , I'd say , that it was over here in Germany ,..... as we are used to a lot of dump and useless restrictions , regulations and limitations !

good luck , diemai :yay:

It's strickly a private commercial fishing operation. You don't even need an Alabama fishing license.

They set up the rules to protect their investments in the fish. All fish are relleased.

IE: wide gap hooks are prone to hook gills and back of throats, braided line lasts forever if cut off on hang ups.

Hope you get some great pictures.

Edited by DUCBOS

Sounds like a great lake to fish however for the money I might just go to Guntersville next spring. No restrictions and you can fish a lot of grass beds for some trophy largemouths. Let us all know how you did good luck and take some pictures to post

Rotorhead

that's kind of what I thought about the braided line. wasn't sure about the wide gap hooks.

Still not sure about senko's vs worms vs c-rigs

I agree, they must be making an effort to protect their investment. With Senkos and Carolina rigs, the risk of deep-hooking a fish is much greater. It's happened to me, and I'm sure many others on here. The baits are essential weightless, so it's much easier for the fish to engulf it and much more difficult to detect the strike until the fish swims off with it. By the time you feel them, they've had it for several seconds and it's going down the pipe.

I can't imagine why they allow only Gamakatsu hooks or ban wide-gap hooks. It would make more sense for catch-and-release to require barbless hooks, imo.