MEISTERICS

Createx Reg Vs. Auto Air

I am currently using the regular createx to paint my baits. From time to time i get a bit frustrated with the paint due to splattering. I am going to pick up some thinner today to help with this issue. Insight anyone? I think my big problem is due to the heat & humidity that has went thru the roof here in Ohio.

Has anyone used the Auto Air paint and can give a valid comparison to the regular stuff i am using? Is it more friendly? Or do i just need to learn how to use paints more effectively?

Thank you for your help.

Jared

I am currently using the regular createx to paint my baits. From time to time i get a bit frustrated with the paint due to splattering. I am going to pick up some thinner today to help with this issue. Insight anyone? I think my big problem is due to the heat & humidity that has went thru the roof here in Ohio.

Has anyone used the Auto Air paint and can give a valid comparison to the regular stuff i am using? Is it more friendly? Or do i just need to learn how to use paints more effectively?

Thank you for your help.

Jared

Where in Ohio Jared?

Since I started thinning my paints with the 4010 Auto Air reducer I'm able to turn my air pressure down much lower than I could when shooting them without thinning. This has allowed me to get much closer to my work with the air brush for shooting finer lines and details. The 4010 reducer is compatible with both Auto Air and Createx which are both made by the same company. I've even mixed Auto Air and Createx together, when trying to achieve certain colors, with no ill effects.

RayburnGuy, Do you add the 4010 Reducer to the paint while its in the A/B cup or do just add it to each bottle of paint? And how much do you add?

I add it to each bottle of paint. If you do it this way be sure to mark it in a way you'll know it's been reduced. The reducing directions are on the bottle of reducer or can be found in the Createx literature at TCP Global.

I add it to each bottle of paint. If you do it this way be sure to mark it in a way you'll know it's been reduced. The reducing directions are on the bottle of reducer or can be found in the Createx literature at TCP Global.

I picked up some Testors universal acrylic thinner at Hobby Lobby and it seems to work fine with Createx/Auto Air. I started just mixing it with small amounts to be sure and now mix it with full bottles of paint with no problem.

I've been reducing with homemade reducer. It's easy to make and all the ingredients are easy to get (all at Walmart.) It's suppose to work the same as the stuff you buy. I can't take credit for this I fount it a while back on an airbrush site. It's also here on this guys siteMy link

Here is the ingredients

* 3 parts Distilled Water

* 1 part Denatured Alcohol

* 1 part Ammonia Free Window Cleaner (Clear is best)

* Drops of Glycerin

I have always used Winshield washing fluid from the gas station to thin and retard my Createx. I gal 2 bucks.

I use a Pasche VL for base coats , and the new Badger renegade Spirit detail brush.. and dont ever have issues.

I have even thinned regular latex paint with the fluid with no problems. The retarder in it helps the paint almost level out.

The blue in the fluid disapears... I shoot white paint with it all the time.. When it dries its white as white.