charkins

Fluorescent Green Fishing Lights

Hello Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had the plans and info on building a fluorescent green fishing light. I want to build a couple of the 4 foot lights. I know you have to have some kind of 120 to 12 volt converter or ballast. I would appreciate any help.

I'm curious if anybody has found green chemical glowsticks to be useful in this manner?

what are you using them for? Is it for runner lights on a boat or something?

Fishing lights are used for night fishing to attract schools of minnows. Sometimes its just to catch baitfish, but usually its to draw bait fish and then predatory fish. Most commonly used for crappie, but I have caught channel cats and occassional turtles and bass doing this. I never had a dedicated fishing light. I always just put a propane lantern on a bulk tank and added a reflector on the side where I was sitting to reduce night blindness from the light. You could look over the sides in some places when you first set up and see nothing, then a few minutes later the area around the boat would be swarming with so many bait fish you would almost think you could walk across the water on them.

Fishing lights are used for night fishing to attract schools of minnows. Sometimes its just to catch baitfish, but usually its to draw bait fish and then predatory fish. Most commonly used for crappie, but I have caught channel cats and occassional turtles and bass doing this. I never had a dedicated fishing light. I always just put a propane lantern on a bulk tank and added a reflector on the side where I was sitting to reduce night blindness from the light. You could look over the sides in some places when you first set up and see nothing, then a few minutes later the area around the boat would be swarming with so many bait fish you would almost think you could walk across the water on them.

Ah I had no idea. I dont know how one would encase a 4ft. light like that. I know there is clear pvc with end caps and stuff. Maybe the strings of leds that come in the tubing? no idea lol. Sounds cool though, i could use that maybe for casting my net? Blind casting isnt the most fun sometimes haha.

Hello Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had the plans and info on building a fluorescent green fishing light. I want to build a couple of the 4 foot lights. I know you have to have some kind of 120 to 12 volt converter or ballast. I would appreciate any help.

I have a sketch for what I use. You can get 4' bulbs if you want but the 2' bulbs I use seem to be plenty. I have sources listed on the sketch as well for some of the materials.

Green Light Model (1).pdf