RayburnGuy

Foiling Circuit Board Lips

After reading another post about circuit board lips it got me to thinking. Has anyone tried foiling a circuit board lip? Mudbugs were a favorite bait of an old friend of mine and he just loved fishing them. He always told me that bass liked the flash the aluminum lip put off and he kept the lips bright and shiny for this purpose. If they are indeed attracted to the flash of an aluminum lip then foiling a circuit board lip should do pretty much the same thing. At least I think it would. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

After reading another post about circuit board lips it got me to thinking. Has anyone tried foiling a circuit board lip? Mudbugs were a favorite bait of an old friend of mine and he just loved fishing them. He always told me that bass liked the flash the aluminum lip put off and he kept the lips bright and shiny for this purpose. If they are indeed attracted to the flash of an aluminum lip then foiling a circuit board lip should do pretty much the same thing. At least I think it would. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Sounds good to me Ben, I might get some of that furnace tape and try it - red lips seem to work so a bit of flash in the murk should do the job too. I used to make a 2" lure with a concave aluminium lip and it seemed to get the trout interested. Pete

More options:

1) Use aluminum lips which you keep shiny (if you do not want to make them shiny every time before fishing, you just apply a coat of epoxy on them when they are the shiniest)

2) Silver paint + epoxy

3) The brightest aluminum tape on the market, glued to the lip, and coated with epoxy.

Anyway, if you notice any change in the rate of strikes, please do tell us. Some might be interested.

Another option, here.