brendandrage

Split Rings

I was wondering if there is a better method to put split rings on the blades. I use the medium opening pliers from barlows but I end up with sore fingers pretty quickly twisting the swivels around .

Is there a supplier who sells blades with swivels or a Beter way to do this?

Right now Janns netcraft sells pliers I like there are two sizes. One comes in a kit of rings. I've used them for years and are just now beginning to show significant wear.

A good quality split ring pliers makes it much easier, I had a cheap set of split ring pliers and it was agonizing to put blades on swivels and after I finally had enough I made the decision to shell out the 30 bucks and it was worth every penny, it made it so easy that now I get my swivels without split rings on them and just get the rings seperate, I save over 200 dollars on a thousand by putting the rings on myself and it only takes a few seconds and putting the blades on the swivel is even easier. Get a good pair of pliers and you won't be sorry.