flyguys

Airbrush Gun

I bought a paasche airbrush gun today as im new to the hobby and heard this wa good entry level brush. Problem is i bought a kit that came with the hose. The lady alo said i would need a propellent and she handed me a can. When I got home i am unable to get the hose to attach to the can. Any help with this please. different can diifrent hose i dont know

Propel cans are designed to be used with the less expensive Badger airbrush kits that come with the proper adapter and a can of Propel aerosol. My Paasche airbrush kit did not come with one. You need to go back to the store and get the proper adapter, or trade your Paasche in for a Badger kit that has one.

There are any number of places to look for a compressor like the ones carpenters and craftsmen use. Sears, Lowe's, Home Depot to name a few. You will need to be sure it comes with a pressure regulator and a moisture trap. It's best to mount the moisture trap close to your airbrush. If the moisture trap is mounted at the compressor moisture will still have a chance to form in the hose (especially if your using a long hose) and end up getting to your airbrush. You will also need to determine whether the compressor you end up buying is an oiled type or an oil less one. If it's an oiled compressor the compressor piston will have a set of rings and be lubricated much like the engine in your car. If this is the case then you will also need a desiccant filter to remove any oil vapor that gets into the air line. These can be found at Harbor Freight for about $5 or $6 apiece.

There are any number of places to look for a compressor like the ones carpenters and craftsmen use. Sears, Lowe's, Home Depot to name a few. You will need to be sure it comes with a pressure regulator and a moisture trap. It's best to mount the moisture trap close to your airbrush. If the moisture trap is mounted at the compressor moisture will still have a chance to form in the hose (especially if your using a long hose) and end up getting to your airbrush. You will also need to determine whether the compressor you end up buying is an oiled type or an oil less one. If it's an oiled compressor the compressor piston will have a set of rings and be lubricated much like the engine in your car. If this is the case then you will also need a desiccant filter to remove any oil vapor that gets into the air line. These can be found at Harbor Freight for about $5 or $6 apiece.

I just bought one from Lowes: Campbell Hausfield, 2 tank compressor with regulator and it came with a finishing gun= $69.00 It was on the website around Father's Day.