brendandrage

Swivels

Hi all,

I didnt know lakeland existed, so after browsing their extensive site I hace a few questions.

Swivels, as far as i can tell LL and worth are the only manufacturers of quality swivels?

What i am wondering is if anyone has used both brands and what are your opinions on each?

LL seem to have a much bigger range of finishes and sizes any comments on the quality?

Is the customer service good and would they be reccomended?

Thanks in advance

PS I cant wait for winter to end here I am so over the cold fingers.

Here's some dated info on swivels: until 2 years ago I was using about 10,000 #7 nickel cranes annually for trolling sinkers. But, the quality of the Chinese mfg. crashed below acceptable & I was unable to find a reasonably priced replacement. Worth at $65 per 1,000 was more than I wanted to pay. Ordered, & sent back 10,000 USA mfg. Rosco cranes which were too ruff spinning. Lakeland swivels(imported) were also a bit pricey, tho the samples I got were marginally acceptable.

Being closer to Asia than the USA, perhaps you can select & source imported in AU? In their prime, the China swivels I was getting were superb quality.

I just got today some Rosco distributed China mfg. Romar line lock swivels which quality appears to have slipped some but still usable to my standards.

I've never had a bad Worth swivel but I'm talking ball bearing swivels, not crane or roller swivels. The Worth is a bit high in price but to me it is money well spent since I don't have to throw any away or sort threw them to find good on es and toss the bad ones aside. Another thing on the Worth swivels is they perform as well as the Sampo for me and you can get a discount by buying in bulk while the Sampo swivels are over a dollar each and they don't sell bulk to the general public. I never bother with the LL ones because they are imported and all of the impoted swivels I have tried weren't too good, some were rough spinning while other didn't spin at all, maybe 2 out of 5 were ok but nothing near quality so I never bothered with them, I just stick to me Worth swivels and don't look back.

I've never had a bad Worth swivel but I'm talking ball bearing swivels, not crane or roller swivels. The Worth is a bit high in price but to me it is money well spent since I don't have to throw any away or sort threw them to find good on es and toss the bad ones aside. Another thing on the Worth swivels is they perform as well as the Sampo for me and you can get a discount by buying in bulk while the Sampo swivels are over a dollar each and they don't sell bulk to the general public. I never bother with the LL ones because they are imported and all of the impoted swivels I have tried weren't too good, some were rough spinning while other didn't spin at all, maybe 2 out of 5 were ok but nothing near quality so I never bothered with them, I just stick to me Worth swivels and don't look back.

If you buy the swivels with the split rings already on the cost is $430.00 plus the shipping and a 10% excise tax if you don't have a business tax I.D. #. If you do like I do and order the swivels and split rings seperate it'll costs $230.00 for 1000 swivels like 31.50 for 2000 split rings plus the shipping and excise tax. Here is the link.......... http://www.worthco.com/fish/ballbearing.html

If you buy the swivels with the split rings already on the cost is $430.00 plus the shipping and a 10% excise tax if you don't have a business tax I.D. #. If you do like I do and order the swivels and split rings seperate it'll costs $230.00 for 1000 swivels like 31.50 for 2000 split rings plus the shipping and excise tax. Here is the link.......... http://www.worthco.com/fish/ballbearing.html