xix coleman xix

First Swimbait Builder Questions.

I bought 2 things of devcon two ton epoxy and some coiled 19 gauge steel wire for my swimbait. But the wire i got was really bendy and it was the only 19 gauge wire i could find, it was also annealed. I think ima return that and get some regular 18 gauge wire.

Also when im done shaping my lure, should i paint it first and then epoxy or something else?

I bought 2 things of devcon two ton epoxy and some coiled 19 gauge steel wire for my swimbait. But the wire i got was really bendy and it was the only 19 gauge wire i could find, it was also annealed. I think ima return that and get some regular 18 gauge wire.

Also when im done shaping my lure, should i paint it first and then epoxy or something else?

Well, there is not a whole lot of difference between 18 and 19 gauge wire. It may be pliable by hand, but when twisted into an eye, you will be surprised how rigid it may become. It is bendable over spans of length, but maybe not so much in short spans. Usually after carving it, you want to seal the wood. After sealing you can paint and topcoat it. There is a lot of info on here. You may want do do searches for , wood sealer, swimbait, ballast, and any other thing you can think of =)