Kozak

Question On Letting Your Baits Dry

I had watched youtube video stating that plastics should be left in water overnight so they can set. Is this what everyone does? My last batch of plastics were in water for over 24 hours and came out slimy, I'm not sure if it's because of the water, the crayola coloring, or because of the silicone I used in my plastic molds (I'm mainly using the cheap durable ones from LC). My baits are not coming out shiny, but rather a bit waxy/greasy/slimy.

RIGHT OUT OF THE MOLD, they look perfect and glossy. I let them sit in the mold about 5 minutes after pouring and then place straight into water.

Help PLEASE

thanks

Edited by Kozak

I had watched youtube video stating that plastics should be left in water overnight so they can set. Is this what everyone does? My last batch of plastics were in water for over 24 hours and came out slimy, I'm not sure if it's because of the water, the crayola coloring, or because of the silicone I used in my plastic molds (I'm mainly using the cheap durable ones from LC). My baits are not coming out shiny, but rather a bit waxy/greasy/slimy.

RIGHT OUT OF THE MOLD, they look perfect and glossy. I let them sit in the mold about 5 minutes after pouring and then place straight into water.

Help PLEASE

thanks

Try not putting them in water, and let them set out on an aluminum sheet instead. Worst it will cost you is a day and a handful of baits. I air cool my baits, and even if I used water to flash cool a clear coat or something I sure wouldn't leav ethem in water overnight. Definitely not if I had salt in them.

Edited by Bob La Londe

thanks everyone, will give it a shot

and yeah, there's no liquids allowed near my work area, I do my plastics in a side room off the side of my house and bring them into a different room to place in water...or at least that's what I've been doing but clearly something is wrong so I'll go waterless for tonight. B)

I put my lures layed out on a SS pc of sheet metal, in teh A/C. I find it takes about one full week for the lures to cure 100%

a full week? Do they look different when they're "cured" after a week or something? I've had my stuff in bags after one night and they aren't mis-shapen after a month in the bags