Husky

Is It Just Me........

Yes it is quite embarrassing. I used to live in an apartment complex, with a communal pool. I always did my testing at 5 - 6am, before the natives arose. Still the security staff would come around to see what I was doing.

On a similar related note, I showed my wife my bullrider video, of a hunting lure in the pool. She watched it intensely twice, then asked me why I put fish in the swimming pool.

Dave

....or does your family and friends give you strange looks, laugh and make remarks when you tackle test. in the pool?

Its like having an unusual name. Everybody thinks they are ubber clever and the first one who ever thought of it when they say, " HYAH HYAH HYAH, Yew ain't ginna catch no fish in der!" Makes me glad I don't have to use the kiddy pool down at Kennedy park anymore.

My mom and girlfriend always laughed at me. There he goes again, trying to teach a peace of wood how to swimm. Until one time they were close enough to see what was going on in the water. It's swimming! It looks like a real fish, how do you do that!?

Zoran

I'm lucky enough to live adjacent to a conservation area with a pond a couple hundred yards from my back door. Like Zoran, I used to feel a bit strange heading down there to test my models, and I'd wait until nobody was around; now I've gotten to the point where I enjoy tossing a three-ounce tin into a quiet pool and watching the largemouths flee for their lives. I'm just living for the moment when somebody sees me nail a five-pound pickerel on one of my striper lures. (hey, it could happen) That ought to be enough to get the grapevine buzzing for a while.laugh.gif

Mark, you beat me to it! That must have been hilarious. Gotta wonder if it started a stampede to the local tackle shops.

Edited by Peterjay

I just get the wierd looks at the local golf course pond. Even had a guy think I caught a fish when it really was just a big muskie lure.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm always amused when kids, and even parents, think I've caught a fish, when it's just a lure I'm testing.

When they stock the trout in our local pond, the cormorants and ospreys always seem to appear out of nowhere, and zero in for a feed.

If I happen to be there, the ospreys will hover and dive on my lures. It's fun, as long as I snatch them away before they get eaten.

I admit I have enjoyed "teasing" them, and any people around at that time enjoy it, too.

The way they setup for a dive and then plunge down toward the lure, is fascinating.

I was fishing a lake in our area, and a hawk was hovering in the wind, watching a trout that was in a shallow pocket.

That bird made half a dozen approaches, and aborted them, before he finally had the trout lined up, and then he dove down and served himself lunch.