Husky

Warning New Exacto Blades

Posted by skippylures, on SOL

Angry New Exacto Blades,,warning

Okay I buy Exacto brand blades in bulk 100 at a time, so I have not bought them for about two years, when they get dull I resharpen them..

Lets get to it, the new box of blades come, and the slightest pressure breaks them and sends them flying through the air, be very careful to wear eye protection, they were bouncing of my forehead, and one even stuck in the wall after snapping, I order a new box and the blades do the same, they cannot be resharpend, looking for a replacement for exacto now.

I called my supplier, and he says they might of moved their manufacturing

over seas I kid you not, these new blades are going to hurt someone, no matter how gentle you try to be, they snap please be careful

Wow, that sounds dangerous. They must have overheated them in the sharpening process, or cheaped out the tempering.

Or maybe they just went to cheaper steel.

Whatever is it, thanks for the warning. I buy them by the 100, and resharpen them, too. Luckily, I still have most of the last pack I bought, and they're okay. I will be resharpening them more now, trying to make the good blades last.

I'm so cheap, they'll probably wind up looking like a filet knife. :lol:

I've been buying the Excel brands blades lately. No problem. I've had the tip break off on a couple but that was because I was trying to pry something off with the tip.

I get them at HobbyLobby. Pretty cheap when using the 40% off coupon and they run them 50% off at times.